Organizing Minerva Messenger
This MPDL Service connects MPG peer groups in an open, secure, and easy-to-use communication tool. Now you can communicate with your colleagues from all over the MPG community on various levels, be it the entire MPG, individual institutes, departments, research groups, etc, and also with external collaboration partners.
Prior to setting up your Minerva Messenger take a couple of minutes to think about a team and channel infrastructure that best serves your communication requirements.
To begin with, less may be more;) Then let the network grow with and adapt to your workflows and communication preferences:
- All members with MPG-affiliated email addresses are automatically added to the MPG Team. Check out featured MPG Research Services with the latest service information from the Max Planck Digital Library. You can also create private channels and invite members from the whole MPG community.
- Additionally, individual Max-Plank Institutes may want to establish their own Team including channels accessible to the entire institute and/or only specific groups of employees e.g.
- feature news from Core facilities,
- highlight upcoming events or recent publications,
- or inform about other institutes’ business.
- Individual departments or research groups may also want to create their own Team with a channel structure serving their individual projects and technical expertise.
Read more about organizing and customizing your workspace in the Mattermost documentation: